A while back I wrote this tutorial for some friends who wanted to run their own Windows web server. PHP is a popular scripting language that allows the creation of dynamic webpages. PHP is server-side-scripting so the use of PHP is completely transparent to the end-user.
Windows Server does not natively support PHP and you would have to install it manually. If you’re running Windows Server 2003 and would like to setup PHP for it follow the process outlined below:
1. Download the PHP zipped package from www.php.net/downloads.php
2. Download the Collection of PECL modules zipped file. These contains the various extensions PHP can use.
3. Unzip the PHP zipped package to C:\PHP
4. Unzipped the PECL modules and extract its contents into C:\PHP\ext
5. Inside C:\PHP, rename php.ini-recommended to php.ini